- profound metaphysics is rooted in an implicit geometry which confers spatially upon thought
- you feel the full significance of this myth of outside and inside in alienation. hostility between the two (jeanan hypolite)
- a simple geometric opposition becomes aggressive
power dynamics of a dialectic. this reminds me of the conclusion of my essay. conflict breeding being, the confrontation of opposing forces. like the heat the cauldron, alchemy. I used to be afraid of chaos but when I was squatting i need to learn how to embrace chaos and yet remain unaffected. and from that control I began to see chaos as a force of creation and an essential component to community/society.
-chance with in systems of structure
- the being of man is an unsettled being which all expression unsettles. In the rein of the imagination, an expression is hardly purposed, before being needs another expression, before it must be the being of another expression.
- we seek to determine being and, in so doing, transcend all situations, to give a situation of all situations… Man’s being is confronted with the world’s being.
- And when we are hardly outside of being, we always have to go back into it.
Roundabout – a central theme of Peer Gynt by Henrik Ibsen +Spiral – Spiral Jetty Tacita Dean and Robert Smithson
running to the centre or escaping being?
this is interesting in terms of singular and collective the individual and the community.